Members Code of Conduct
GSWG Membership Code of Conduct Form is self explanatory, common sense points for all members to follow. Ensuring safety, preserving the countryside and maximizing enjoyment of the walk/s for the whole group.
Please Print and retain for your records
On the walks and other outdoor events organised by the GSWG which he attends a member shall:-
- Accept responsibility for his own safety.
- Listen to announcements by the walk leader.
- Wear clothing suited to changeable weather and the season of the year.
- Wear boots or shoes suitable for mud and loose stones.
- Keep the people in front of and behind him in sight.
- Make sure those behind see which way he goes at all times.
- If he gets ahead of the leader look back to see where the leader goes.
- Keep to public paths across farmland.
- On a road with a footpath walk on the footpath.
- On a road without a footpath walk on the right and watch for oncoming traffic.
- Cross roads and railway lines with due regard for his safety.
- Use gates and stiles to cross fences hedges and walls.
- Close a gate when he is the last member of the GSWG group to use it.
- Protect wildlife, plants and trees; leave growing any flora he sees growing.
- Keep under control any dog he brings.
- Leave livestock, crops and machinery alone.
- Guard against all risk of fire.
- Take his litter home.
- Only leave a walk before its conclusion when he has ensured the leader will be informed quickly of his departure.
- Ensure that any non-member he brings on the walk is familiar with and willing to conform to the code of conduct of the GSWG.
I have read the Code of Conduct of the Gay Sunday Walking Group and will abide by it when participating in GSWG activities. I understand that neither the GSWG nor the leader of any walk accepts responsibility for a mishap or injury occurring on a walk and that a leader is not acting in the capacity of a specialist guide or instructor. I understand that the GSWG will hold my membership details on electronic media.